Understanding Your Filler Options
There are many fillers to choose from, and sometimes it can be difficult to determine which filler is right for you. Here are a few tips to point you in the right direction. Don’t worry, though, because at Facial Mania spa™ our team of Experts and Doctors evaluates each of our patients in person, determines their specific cosmetic concerns, provides a list of recommendations, and creates a customized cosmetic treatment. We offer all of the latest FDA-approved dermal fillers and is always adding newer fillers to our practice as they are approved.
Dr. Gaviria and his Team were one of the first injectors in South Florida to offer Restylane Silk and Juvederm Volbella, soon after their initial FDA approval.
- Juvéderm Ultra/UltraPlus – The most popular hyaluronic acid-based filler. Ideal for treating nasolabial folds, marionette lines and downturned corners of the mouth.
- Juvéderm Voluma – Restores volume to mid-face and cheeks lifting the face and restoring a youthful profile. Also used in the temples, chin, jawline, and prejowl.
- Juvéderm Volbella – Soft filler for the lips and perioral lines. Hydrates the lips. Natural looking results.
- Restylane – Similar to Juvederm, it softens lines and wrinkles.
- Restylane Lyft – Adds lift and volume to cheeks.
- Restylane Silk – A super smooth gel that plumps and defines lips.
- Restylane Defyne – A long-lasting solution for deep lines and folds, that allows natural facial expression.
What areas on the Face are Fillers recommended to treat?
- Lips and perioral lines (lipstick lines, upper lip lines) – add volume to lips, hydrate lips, soften lines
- Corners of mouth – reverse the downturn of the corners of the mouth seen with aging
- Marionette lines – Soften the shadows below the corners of the mouth
- Nasolabial folds – fill in smile lines
- Cheeks/Midface – restore volume to the cheeks, lift the face, and emphasize the cheek bones
- Jawline – sharpen the jawline and minimize the appear the jowls
- Prejowl – treat the area of volume loss just in front of the jowl but to the side of the chin
- Temples – treat the scalloped appearance of the upper face due to volume loss in this area
- Under eyes – improve dark circle and camouflage under eye puffiness
- Frown lines – used in combination with Botox
- Forehead lines – for deep lines on the forehead which Botox itself cannot completely treat
- Neck lines – filler in “necklace lines on the neck.
General guide lines for Filler longevity is as follows-
- Restylane Silk – 3-6 months
- Belotero – 6 months
- Juvederm Ultra, Restylane – 9 months
- Restylane Refyne, Restylane Defyne – 9-12 months
- Restlane Lyft, Juvederm UltraPlus, Radiesse – 12 months
- Volbella – 12 months
- Voluma – 12-24 months
Understanding Your Filler Options
How Long Do the Results from Fillers Last?
Of course, it is import to remember that every patient’s body is different and every patient can respond differently to the fillers based on such factors as diet, exercise, baseline metabolism, sun-exposure, and smoking. In general, Dr. Gaviria recommends maintenance treatments so that the results never completely return to baseline.
He also recommends that all patients start an at-home skincare regimen to maintain their results. This regimen usually includes a combination of antioxidants, sunscreen, moisturizers, and retinol. View our Environ MD and Oxynergy of Paris Skin care lines for multiple medical-grade option and to keep your results long lasting.